Mission and Values
Tennis Outreach Programs (TOPs) is a 501c(3) non-profit whose mission is to “empowering youth for lifetime success through tennis, education, fitness and character development regardless of economic circumstance”.
In February 2012, TOPs open the Eastside Tennis Center (ETC) in Kirkland, WA to bring “Tennis for Everyone” to our community. Eastside Tennis Center provides year-round, affordable indoor tennis, including junior programs for underserved youth, adult programs and fitness, and the home for the first and only USTA PNW Regional Training Center in partnership with Northwest High Performance Tennis.
Tennis Outreach Programs founder, USPTA/PTR and award-winning professional Marceil Whitney has impacted thousands of youth in our community for over 40 years and is an inductee in the USTA International Tennis Hall of Fame. Recently, Marceil was chosen as the Brotherton Community Champion Driving for Excellence award and finalist.
Tennis Outreach Programs and Eastside Tennis Center have set a series of core values identifying why these programs have been developed and are so valuable to the surrounding community.
- Youth are a worthwhile investment of adult time, talent, and treasure as a legacy for society.
- Talented adults of high character are valuable role models for youth.
- Tennis, when properly taught by talented and experienced individuals with passion for the mission, is an effective and positive developer of desirable character traits and healthy self-esteem.
- Tennis is an opportunity for youth that has transferrable values & life skills to other aspects of their lives.
- Tennis is an individual sport, with the support and responsibilities of team membership.
- Tennis should be available to all youth, regardless of socio-economic, ethnic, or family background.
- Tennis is a lifetime sport with physical and mental health benefits for its participants.
- Tennis, in the proper environment, contributes to the physical fitness, academic success, and positive social behavior of at-risk youth.
- TOPs actions, decisions, and associations must reflect positive values for youth.
- Community and volunteer involvement in TOPs will instill community awareness and responsibility in youth.
- Strategic management is more effective than crisis management.
For more information or questions on the strategic plan of TOPs, email: firstname.lastname@example.org